Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sandcastles at Cannon Beach


I had a dream this year of going to the beach with my family. I love to walk along the sand and smell the ocean breeze. We live about an hour and a half from the beach so this dream could be a reality. The only problem that I had was getting my family to come along. They are scattered across the United States from the West Coast to the East and so it took some problem solving for me to get them all there.

On Saturday Cannon Beach was having its annual Sandcastle contest. If you have never been I would recommend that you go. They have a children's contest and then a professional contest. We saw everything from sandcastles to turtles, dragons, and even vacation homes made out of the sand. My favorite was the reproduction of the Wizard of OZ.

I hope you enjoy our family pictures at the beach this year. It was a pretty cloudy day and some of us were either overdressed or underdressed for the weather.

2 comments:

Jonny said...

Ha! I love that Kent wore a tie to the beach. :)

Cherie said...

That was pretty funny mom! Thanks for taking us to the beach with you...kind of.