Monday, June 8, 2009

Buonjiorno from Jenessa

Ciao tutti,

Another week has come and gone in bella Roma! I don't even know what happened. I'll probably have to check my agenda. But I want to start off with something I do remember...BIG news! We set up a baptism date with our investigator Marcelo two days ago!!! YAY! The spirit was incredible...we brought with us one of our new members Diana. We had planned on teaching the 2nd lesson, and she walked in and saw his coffee maker and told him that he needed to stop drinking coffee and alchohol, and not to smoke. Sooooo we started teaching the word of wisdom, and he completely accepted it, and said he had already stopped smoking recently. Then, Diana told him that he needed to be baptized, and he said that he wanted to do it...not for his ex wife Rosita (our new convert that I love with all my heart...I attached a picture of her with Nadia, my other love) or for anyone else, but for himself. This completely wiped away any of our worries that we had, and we told him that all the sins he had commited, he could be free of again, and we invited him to be baptized and he accepted! The spirit was INCREDIBLE and I have never seen him so happy and smiley (I almost started crying but my companion saw it and said DON'T CRY! haha) So July 12th, Marcelo will become a member! I know that preparing him for baptism is going to be a hard thing. Keep him and us in your prayers so he can be strong! In other good news...Harold is going to be baptized this Sunday! Yay, he is so great. I talked to him on Sunday and he said he's a little scared because he doesn't really know what's going to happen, but that the elders are going to explain it all to him. Yay Harold!!

This week is the end of my first transfer (transfers are every 6 weeks). Transfer calls were this last monday, aaaaaaaaand.....i'm staying in Rome with my companion! I think she was really disappointed because she wanted to go to another city (and she's probably dead from training me!) but i'm trying to be as little of a burden as I can to help her be happy! I'm learning so much that my joy on this mission comes only when I put others before myself. I'm excited to stay in Rome though, I really do like it here! And all the other 4 companionships in my district are changing too, which should be very interesting (and a relief!). We're hoping that things will really turn around! I'm really hoping that we can find some new investigators this next transfer. We had to drop everyone that wasn't making progress, and start over again. So, we pretty much have Marcelo! I'm still trying to figure things out, and how to find people. It's a little true when everyone says Italy is difficult....I hear about every time that I talk to someone, "that's nice, but i'm catholic!" But this work is worth it, if I can only find those people who need me. Keep me in your prayers! Stay strong. God needs this work to spread across the earth, because it's the TRUTH! It's JOY!
Um, what else...we recieved as a gift the best mozzarella on the face of the earth. I'm not even exaggerating. My companion says she eats mozerella every day, and she's never eaten better! The man who we donated blood for, had his son bring it to us from Napoli. It's beautiful...you can see my companion eating it in the picture. The other things we're eating are called arancinis, which are SO SO SO yummy! My companion made them for me yesterday.... you cook rice, and make a ball of it in your hand, and in the middle put red sauce, provologne, and I think the meat was bologna? I'm not really sure. Then, roll the ball in eggs, and then bread crumbs, and FRY IT. Then, you will have a beautiful lunch. Love you all lots!

No comments: