Don't worry...I didn't forget to write!! We had to change our pday from Wednesday to Thursday this week because we had zone conference yesterday with Elder Kopische from Germany. It was an incredible spiritual experience, and definitely something I really needed!
This last week has been incredible. Harold's baptism was on Sunday, and the spirit was just so strong!! I asked him during church if he was excited to be baptized and he said, "oh no, no no no,
not at all!" and I asked him why, and he said, "doesn't excited mean scared? I am very happy to be baptized!" I laughed and explained to him that excited means to be full of joy. Then as we were waiting for the font to be filled with water, I was talking to Harold and he said to me, "I will never forget you and Sorella Barbiere for finding me, and introducing me to this gospel. Thank you." That really touched my heart.
I've realized how true the words GOLDEN INVESTIGATORS are. Those who are ready for baptism are ready. There's no way to beat around the bush. Harold is a beautiful example of this. He was searching for the truth...he had met with two other priests the same day that he met with us. Every time that he would learn a new principle of the gospel and he would be asked, "will you do it?" he always replied with, "of course!" Anziano Herrick asked him one time why he was always so ready to accept it, and Harold told him, "Because I have to." When we truly understand the gospel, the atonement of Jesus Christ, we truly understand the principles and doctrines of the scriptures. It's so true what Harold said...we do it, because we have to in order to be happy.
I was thinking yesterday about the choices that we make in this life. Whenever we're faced with a trial, we stand at a crossroads, sometimes unsure of what road to take. We may sense a little voice in our head telling us to take one road, but either we're staring off into the road with flashing lights, enticing music and we're so distracted that we can't hear it, or we think that we know better than that voice, so we take another road. As we walk down that road, we begin to stumble. There are rocks everywhere. The incline becomes steeper and steeper, and our burdens become heavier. You ask yourself why you took that path. Why is it so hard? This journey isn't enjoyable as you were promised before. That's when you realize you weren't right, and sometimes that's the hardest thing of all to realize. Then you realize that your burden seems lighter. You turn around and see the crossroads again. There's a book, that voice, leading you down the right path. There are a few bumps along the way, but there seems to always be someone right beside you, wiping away your tears, warming your heart, holding your hand. At the end of the road you turn and see Christ. He was there for you the whole time. Even when walking down that terrible road before. He opens his arms and you fall into him. He tells you that he loves you, and that he felt it all too. This is why i'm here. I've felt the joy from repentance in my life. I'm definitely not perfect still, even as a missionary. But i'm learning every day. I'm so g
rateful to have Christ in my life. To hold my hand, to tell me that he loves me. I want this for everyone. For them to understand that pain, that heaviness they feel doesn't have to be. Our trials may seem like the hardest times in our lives. We may think that we don't want to go on. But then we turn around and see the right path, the path that brings joy. Our trials may be hard, but we can be happy through them. I bear testimony because I have learned that myself. The power of prayer is incredible, and it has always taken away that heaviness from my heart. Just let go of it all. Christ will take your burdens from you.
rateful to have Christ in my life. To hold my hand, to tell me that he loves me. I want this for everyone. For them to understand that pain, that heaviness they feel doesn't have to be. Our trials may seem like the hardest times in our lives. We may think that we don't want to go on. But then we turn around and see the right path, the path that brings joy. Our trials may be hard, but we can be happy through them. I bear testimony because I have learned that myself. The power of prayer is incredible, and it has always taken away that heaviness from my heart. Just let go of it all. Christ will take your burdens from you.Marcelo has been making incredible leaps and bounds. We teach him principles and find out that he has been following them already without even knowing about them. He is having a really hard time though..his landlord told him yesterday that he has to pay his rent or he'll be kicked out of his apartment. We taught him about the priesthood this week, and he asked for a blessing of comfort, so the Anziani gave him one last night. He was literally skipping out of the building (kinda funny because he's a big man) and he said he felt lighter already! He's going through so much right now, but he really understands the meaning of hope and faith.
I love you all so much. This gospel is true. It is full of joy for those who are willing to recieve it. Sometimes recieving it is the hardest thing. If you've lost that joy, look back. I promise you, it's worth it.
Love,
Jenessa
PS...The pictures are of Harold at his baptism, and the Spanish Steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment