Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hey Everyone from Jenessa

Hey everybody,

I'm kinda in a weird mood right now because I'm kinda sleepy, so excuse me if I say anything crazy in this e-mail!! =) Wow, what a week. I don't know how I got from point A to point B, but somehow I'm here at the Internet point! (that was a really bad joke if you didn't get it...all the Internet cafes in Italy are called Internet points.)
We've had some rough and tumble times with Marcelo and Rosita. We found out two days ago that Marcelo had been kicked out of his apartment, because he hasn't been able to pay the rent for a month and a half. The landlord changed the lock on him. It's just breaking my heart, because we care about him so much, and he's going through a lot. We went and visited Rosita (his ex wife and a new member) yesterday because she needs a lot of support from us right now, and Marcelo showed up, and he said that God is bringing him more trials, but he knows that he can make it through. He's really suffering, but he's trying so hard to have a positive attitude and do the right thing. It makes me appreciate so much the things that I have in this life. I don't think I've loved my old used mattress and tiny apartment more than yesterday. I'm not 100% sure if Marcelo's baptism can happen July 4th, but we'll have to see what happens with him this week. We were going to teach him 2 last lessons before his baptismal interview this Saturday, but he's busy with a lawyer trying to straighten things out with his apartment and find a job that he might not be able to meet with us this week. We'll see though! He still really wants to be baptized, so either way everything will work out.
In happier news, we have a new investigator this week named Valentina. She is so great. She originally wanted to go to the mall with us or something and talk about the gospel, but out of some miracle from God she changed her mind and we went to the park and she asked us questions for 2 hours about the church. She was so shocked to hear that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ, and that we have a living prophet today. I told one of the Anziani about it, and he said, "well, at least she understands the magnitude of the statement!" It's so true. What a miracle the works of God are.

I don't know what else to write about...um, things with my companion are really good! We're really each other's support and strength through all the trials, and it has brought us really close together. (One of my goals at the beginning of my mission was for all of my companions to be like my sisters, whom I love with all my heart.)
God really does answer prayers, I can't pray without faith that they will be answered anymore, I just know too well that all my prayers have always been answered! My new favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon is Alma 26, when Ammon was rejoicing in the Lord. All of the missionaries prayers they had given in chapter 17 were answered. Ammon is just so happy and positive and EXCITED that it made me laugh in verse 10 when Aaron says, "Ammon, be careful, you might be boasting." ha ha oh it makes me laugh. I also love how Ammon is so happy for those souls who were saved, even though they were killed. He understood that even their lives weren't as important as their souls being saved. And through their deaths, so many other Lamanites were converted as well! The scriptures are so great...I love them so much! I love you all with all my heart.
Vi voglio bene! Keep me in your prayers...God will answer them!

Love, Jenessa

Pictures: My district last week at Marlina's house (an eternal investigator of 6 years that's going to be baptized in two weeks! Wowza!) I CAUGHT A GECKO. I was in the bathroom one night, and I hear a scream...my companion had seen a gecko. She told me she couldn't sleep if I didn't kill it, so I spent an hour trying to catch it (by myself because she closed the door and wouldn't let me out until I caught it...haha!) Let me tell you, those little things are FAST, and they blend in with their surroundings and hide in the dark, which didn't make it any better.But I did it! I was SO excited, haha it was a great moment. I almost started crying though because I hurt it's little leg. But I let it go outside and it could walk! My Pepino and Sorella Acquilino whom we eat with every other friday. He always sings to us...I love them!

No comments: