Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Un anno di più, ma non c'è della sagezza‏







Hello one and all!
Another week has come and gone...another birthday come an gone too. It wasn't anything extraordinary (as i'm sure it goes with most mission birthdays...) I didn't really tell anyone it was my birthday except for my companion, our district and one of our investigators. Sorella Skabelund made me a birthday breakfast, and she wrote "happy birthday" on the crepès in powdered sugar...it was all melted when I got out of the shower, but it's the thought that counts!! =) The night before, one of our investigators from Canada was throwing a birthday party for her nephew who was turning 23, so we had a joint birthday party and we ate arrosticini - yum!
The work has really started to pick up in this last week...we found 3 new investigators, which is awesome! We also put together the activity at the church where we watched the Testaments, and there was a huge turnout...something like 20 investigators were there, and about the same amount of members. Everyone loved the movie and they stayed afterwards and talked for a long time while they ate. It's like President Hinckley said, activities are the genius of this church! Our inactive miracle Antonio came too...he is SO AWESOME. He told me about when he was baptized he carried his book of mormon EVERYWHERE and loved everything he read. I don't know how he went inactive, but i'm thinking it's because he moved to London and just didn't find the church there. I asked him last night what made him stop and talk to us at the bus stop that one night, and he said that there had been something nagging at him to go back to church, and he said that he knew us before he met us, because he saw us everywhere. But that morning he woke up and thought, "alright, today I will finally talk to the missionaries" and then he ran into us. He's really loving everything about getting back into the church, i'll let you all know what happens!
So transfer calls came this last week, and my companion is getting transferred to Rome 2 (I was in Rome 1...she's going to be in the international ward with the mission president). My new companion is coming from Livorno in Tuscany, and her name is Sister Crandall. She is one of the nicest and most adorable people I have ever met, so I am super excited! So I guess this means that i'll be the only one who will know the work and the city...this is the first time that i'll ever be the only one who knows what's going on!
So one last thing...I hit my 6 month mark this last week. WOW. So weird! I still feel like I just got here!
The work is good, God is good! I'm always trying to make myself better, so I can have the spirit with me more. My new goals for this next transfer is to think about myself last, and always think positive! Two pretty good goals I think!
Oh, I wanted to tell you dad that we have this binder FULL of talks written by President Jensen for the Rome mission. He was INCREDIBLE. They are so inspiring, and they make me want to be such a better missionary! I'm reading one right now called the 12 keys to success, which brought about my new goals.
Anyways, I love you all bunches! Congratulations to all you people who got married and are getting married! Thanks for all the birthday wishes too, thanks for your love and support, you're the greatest.
Baci e ambracci,
Jenessa (Sorella SMiles)
pics:Sorella Skabelund and I with Belinda's family
Sorella Skabelund with Belinda's crazy but adorable 3 year old Anna Lisa
My birthday breakfast!
This crazy dog that lives in downtown Pescara and is ALWAYS asleep in the front of a store. Does it have an owner? We don't know!

No comments: