Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Impressed

When I was very young modesty was important to me. In fact, I remember going to the doctor when I was 12 and having to put on one of those hospital gowns. I tied it around me so tight that the nurse had to cut it off me. I thought the gowns were not modest and was embarrased to wear them.

The fashion of the day was to wear short skirts and I admit that I wanted to be fashionable. So I made a dress that was too short. I was always pulling on it when I sat down to cover my knees. Then in Junior High School my mother was absolutely floored when I made a top that showed my bare midriff. So in three short years I had gone from one extreme to another. That wasn't the end of the story though because my mother wanted to show me what I looked like in my top. One day I came home and there she was in my top with her bare midriff showing! OUCH!

"Mother!" I yelled. "What are you doing?"

Suddenly the door opened and in walks Arlen and his friend.

"Mrs. Olsen!" said his surprised friend.

"AHHHHH!" my mother screamed and ran for the bedroom to get decent.

We had a big laugh over that one and my top disappeared mysteriously.

I remembered this story because last week I was talking with my daughter Cherie. Keith had made her a beautiful dress for the wedding and I loved the dress. Cherie told me that Keith is very concerned about her modesty and would comment when she was about to buy a dress that was immodest. I was very impressed with Keith to say the least. I think all men should care about their wives modesty. I love Keith.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: