Ciao tutti!
Let me just start off by saying HOW MUCH I love you all, and HOW MUCH I love being a missionary!! This is such an incredible work. It's harder than anything I have ever done, but it's also so incredibly fulfilling.
This week has been really great. We've been doing a lot of finding, and working on getting our investigators to commit to baptism. The pair of Anziani that left had left behind some incredible investigators, one named Belinda, an African lady from Zimbabwe, with an italian husband and a little daughter named Anna Lisa. She has a really interesting story, and we had to do some especially interesting things with her to prepare her to recieve our message. But now she's taking everything in, and has a baptismal date set for August 15th. We're just hoping that everything will continue to go well! The other investigator they left behind is a young girl about my age named Anna. We're trying hard to get appointments with her, because she had a baptismal date for last week, but she was devastated when her Elders were transferred.
As for us, we're working a lot with english speaking people in Pescara. It's so odd, because I went from an Italian speaking companion in Rome, with all italian speaking members and investigators, to Pescara and an english speaking companion, with investigators from England, Canada, and all over Africa that all speak english. Come interessante! We have some incredible brand new investigators that we're working on getting to make some progress. We've been doing a lot of finding trying to fill our investigator pool up. It's hard in the heat of the day sometimes though...it's really hot and we have to drink fanta every day so we don't pass out. I love Fanta though so it's all good!
By the way, congratulations to Kristen on her graduation! You worked hard for this. And also, congrats to Jeff on his engagement! How exciting.Thank you so so so so so much Carrie for sending me the addresses! You are the best and I love you with all my heart!
What else to say...the Adriatic Sea is still really tempting. It's so beautiful. I might have to go on a see the sea fast or I might just run and jump in one day! haha, kidding.
So I had one of those 6 month sister missionary moments the other day (I'm only a little over 5 months into my mission, but it's all the same...). I realized just how much I LOVE being a missionary, and how much a part of my identity it is now. People here are constantly asking me what my "real" name is, and I just say "Sorella Miles". It's weird, but that's who I am now. This life is so incredible, and I feel like I could do it for forever. I see miracles daily, and I just know that the harder I work and the more that I serve, the more I get back in return. I also love Italy with all my heart. We've been traveling a lot into the country lately, and let me tell you...Pescara is BEAUTIFUL. The people are a little hard headed, bless their hearts, but they are also some of the most loving people I have met in my entire life.
We have a recent convert Yolanda, who was baptized just before I was transferred here, and her husband Nino and daughter Chiara (who's my age) have turned into my second family. We are seeing miracles happen with Nino, who is one of the most hard headed men I have ever met! But he just loves us so much, and we're finding out that as we teach him without him even realizing that we're teaching him (I am so sneaky =)), his testimony is growing and he's changing. He complained to me the other day that he's noticed he's becoming a better person. We really think that one day he's going to set his OWN baptismal date. He says that he'll get baptized one day, there are just some things he has to put in order.
I love you all! You're wonderful. This gospel is a gospel of miracles that come only by our faith!
With all the love in my heart,
Jenessa
Viale Marconi 316
65100 Pescara (PE)
Italia
No comments:
Post a Comment