Hello everyone.
This has been a really crazy week. I met some of the most interesting people because we have been doing finding work like crazy. In one day we met this lady who walked into our district meeting at the church in the morning, and told us that she thought that the cross really signified a big hug because it looked like a head with the arms outstretched. Then she asked us if we could come to the beach with her and talk English to her all day, because the angels told her that she's supposed to stay in the sun for 6 hours a day, and the stars for 3 hours a day. She looked completely normal...it was so interesting. Then while we were in the park that afternoon I met this lady who always introduces herself as "Sunshine" (in English) to the missionaries. She was really good, and a very "free spirit" you could say. Then that night I was just standing in the doorway waiting for our african friend kevin to come for his appointment, and this random man walked by with his dog and started telling me that he had been reading the Book of Mormon and loved it and thought that everything our church teaches is true. He also told me he's been having this reoccuring dream about Christ, and that he wants him to be baptized or something and come to church. I didn't really understand that part but it was incredible. Yeah, it was such an interesting day!
Yesterday we woke up and while doing personal study this HUGE lighting storm started, and was hitting the stadium across the street from our apartment. Then sheets of rain started coming down. When we went to leave our apartment later that morning the ENTIRE street was flooded in front of our palazzo, and the water had even come inside! We were really confused about how to get out because my boots weren't waterproof enough to be walking around in a foot of water, so I had to climb a wall. It was great fun!
Last week we had zone conference in Rome which was really good, and we talked about finding work a lot. Afterwards there was a meeting for the sister's at the president's villa, and we ate angel food cake and talked about girl stuff. Sister Acerson asked the elders if they had any concerns about the sisters that they would never say to our faces, and one said that the sisters need to shave their legs more, and one of the sisters was like "ELDERS SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING AT OUR LEGS! THAT US JUST NOT RIGHT!" It was really funny because she's hillarious and dramatic. Afterwards we missed our 3-hour bus back to Pescara, so we had to stay the night.
I've been meeting some really cool people doing finding lately. I got on the bus the other day and thought, I'M GOING TO BAPTIZE SOMEONE ON THIS BUS! And then I sat next to this lady and told her that I liked her shoes and she told me that she liked mine and then we talked for FOREVER and she's been living in Chicago teaching italian and I got her phone number and we have an appointment on Friday. She is SO COOL. I KNOW that she's going to get baptized! Finding work is so hard, but we meet some incredible people. We met this great couple in the park the other week, we think that they're in the Italian FBI but they are so cool and we talked for about an hour about the gospel and the guy is really excited to read the Book of Mormon. They're going to get married in a year...MAYBE they can get married in the temple! That would be sooo cool. Um, I have to go but I love you all!!
Dad, could you forward my emails to robbriggs85@hotmail.com?
Jenessa aka Sorella Smiles
CONGRATS TO JONATHAN AND JANALEE! FOR TIME AND ALL ETERNITY HECK YES! I love you and my prayers are with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment