Hey all my buddies!
Another week has come and gone...mamma mia! This mission is going by super duper fast...I can barely even believe it.

Well, I had a big 3 month conference in Rome last week (it was actually a 4 1/2 month conference for me, but they didn't do it last transfer because there were only 5 of us). All the missionaries that have been out in the field for 3 months get to go to the President's villa and be spiritually uplifted and eat good food and see our MTC family. We had some trainings to keep our spiritual fires burning, and to help us to remember just in case some forgot why we're here. We watched the Joseph Smith movie, and this movie about a guy named Billy Peck-he was a real go-getter! I heard some incredible stories too. All missionaries have said that 3 month conference really changed their missions, and I can see why. It was an incredible experience.

This last week has really been a test on my positivity goal, but I've been really good at keeping it up! You all would be proud of me. We had some really hard days where all of our appointments were being cancelled, and other fun stuff like that, but I tried to look for the good in every situation. You can always find good or bad in anything, so i've just decided to find the good. Positivity shows your faith!

So we had a couple of really cool experiences yesterday. We had an incredible appointment set up to teach our investigator Angela who is making a ton of progress with a member, but angela cancelled on us! So we decided that we were going to go and find this inactive member that I had spent hours searching for with my last companion, and the last sister companionship before me had spent months searching for her. Then one day her cousin shows up at church with an address. I told Sorella Crandall that the address didn't exist, but we decided to go anyways. When we got to the little city at the top of the town, I decided to go straight back to the street that we had searched on before. We were looking for a road called "Via del cocone" but after being on a bus for 2 hours with a bus driver who stopped everyone on the street to ask where it was with no one knowing, we decided it didn't exist. So we go to the street that rhymes with it called "via casone" that I had been to before, and again we see the number doesn't exist. So we start wandering around and I felt prompted to turn down the next street, which I didn't even think had the same name. So I was wandering down it, and I kept thinking to myself "this doesn't make sense, I should turn around..." but I kept wandering closer and closer and couldn't turn around. Then we find the number 72...but her name wasn't on there. So we just start buzzing random apartments to ask, and someone lets us in with out even asking who it was. So we walk towards the Palazzo, and there on the door was her name. We ring the citifono again, and again we get buzzed in. We walk up the stairs and ring the doorbell, and you will never believe the surprise on the face of Megan Johnson when she opened the door. She said, "oh look......the sister missionaries found me." Yep, that's right we sure did! She served her mission in Pescara about 5 years ago and came back and married one of her old investigators who has no interest in the church. It's a sad story, and so all the sister missionaries have been so fixated on finding her and bringing her back to church. She still has her testimony, and so i'm really excited to work with her. God in his many miracles have brought us to find this sister, and it has to be for a reason.

That was a really long story, so i'm going to get off here and leave you with a last bit of cool news. So my companion and I have been working really hard to get new students to come to english class, and out of some sort of miracle we've had about 10-14 new students in the last couple weeks. We open and close with a prayer, and at the end, we always do a spiritual thought. It was my turn yesterday to do the spiritual thought, so I figured that I would tell them a story...about a young boy named joseph smith. About 30 people were there last night, and everyone listened intently to the story, and afterwards I invited everyone to stay behind to watch the Restoration with us, and learn more about the church. About 8 people stayed to watch the film, and I bore testimony and the spirit was strong. It was an incredible experience, we're hoping that some of those people who stayed will become new investigators!

I loves you alls!
Sorella Jenessa Miles
pictures:PINK VESPA! My fav
3 month conference with my old MTC district!
We're gangstas
Beautiful Pescara
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=cc0cd3dd-5892-4821-87c9-465c246ce6e9)
No comments:
Post a Comment