Sunday, May 10, 2009

Money Money Money...It's so funny...It's a rich man's world

Okay. So I'm stopped from achieving my goals by the money problems that this world is having. This week I had my brother come over for dinner with his children. He seems to be wheeling and dealing with the real estate market. He sold his house last year and is free from any real estate right now but he wants to buy a home because of all the foreclosures on the market. Okay. So I'm sitting here thinking...what is really right? Is it right to take advantage of people's suffering? What is the righteous thing to do? Is it okay to take advantage of the good deals that are out there? I am really confused about this. While we were sitting and talking his real estate agent called to let him know that his home in The Gardens is going up for foreclosure. The people who bought the house from him are upside down...meaning that they owe more on the house than the house is worth so they gave the home back to the bank. So Albert says that if he can get the house for $250,000 he would buy it. Now I'm sitting there thinking...this house is 2 blocks from my house, is much bigger, and if he gets the house at that price the price of our house will go down. Ugh! I told him I would be very mad at him if he did that to us.

So selling our house has been a challenge in this market. Okay. I know that the market is plunging and we are stuck in it. One solution is to stay put for a couple of years and wait it out. Another solution is to take a big loss...about the price of a year's pay. People have been coming through to look at our home but our agent says that people are hesitant to buy. On the radio I hear that the market has reached the bottom and is starting to come up. Our agent is saying that the market is ready to plunge some more. Who can predict the future. I can't. Nobody can. Unless you have some inside information into everybody's money situation. In this economy I think only the rich are making a killing because they are the people in control. Money, money, oh money.

No comments: