Monday, October 5, 2009

YEAH CONFERENZA GENERALE!

Hello all you people in my life!

Well, another week has flown by. I can't keep them straight anymore, it's making me dizzy!Right now my companion has the flu, so i've been in hibernation mode. She wants to work, but we also don't want to make all our investigators sick so we have to sit at home. I cleaned everything.


This week we've been really trying to help the members. We've realized how neglected some of them have been recently, because they live about 2 hours away from the church and no one goes out to visit them. So we've been trying to make an effort and the members are SO happy! We've been seeing some good results from our efforts too. When I came into this ward the members didn't work with the missionaries at all, and now they're going up to our investigators and asking for appointments! We've really discovered that praying to find the right members for our investigators is extremely important. Some of the people that we thought wouldn't go well together are perfect fits.I'm excited for general conference...are you?

The times here are kinda crazy, we watch the saturday morning session at 6 pm, and then the saturday afternoon session on sunday at 2 in the afternoon. Sunday afternoon session is out of the question! Almost all of our investigators have been wanting to hear a prophet speak so they can gain their own testimonies. We are very excited and hopeful. I've realized how much of a blessing it is that we can hear the prophet speak. I was reading an ensign article yesterday about the martin and harris handcart companies, and how those pioneers gave up their lives in the hope of seeing the prophet. I was reading in Mormon 1 today about when the people went into apostasy and the Lord took away the apostles and prophets. It's a testimony to me of how much God loves us by giving us a living prophet.

Nino is making some awesome progress, as always. Before, his wife had to beg him to come to church with her, and now he's making HER come to church! haha he's so great. He's reaching out to the members and they're reaching back. I think he's going to be the next bishop. :)
So one last story and then i'm off. This one is about sincere prayer, and involving the Lord in all our decisions. So the other night we were trying to find some old investigators, and we finished early so we had an hour to do finding before we went home. We were sitting on a corner, discussing what to do, and neither of us had any idea. So I said a prayer and asked the Lord to lead us to where he wanted us to go to find the elect. I opened my eyes and waited for a response, and I felt I needed to stand up, and then I would know what to do. So I stood up and waited. Then I felt I needed to cross the street to throw away the piece of paper I was holding. We were staring down a dark and deserted street and my companion looks at meet and says "now where?" I said, "We need to walk down that street and do surveys." Yeah, random. We usually only do surveys at the park, and especially not at night in the dark. So we start walking and we spot these two girls who were hidden behind some trees and we go over to talk to them and they were both incredibly interested and both asked us for book of mormons and want to meet with us again. God does answer our prayers, even the most simple ones.

Lots of love to you all! Vi voglio un sacco di bene (I want for you all a sack of good) :)

Sorella Jenessa Miles

The pictures are from pday last week...it was my companion's birthday, and two sets of sisters showed up in Pescara to get their permesso's taken care of! We ate yummy pizza with french fries on it.

No comments: