Monday, October 5, 2009

General Conference


This weekend we had a feast when we were able to sit and watch General Conference. The repeating themes of the talks seemed to be Love for God and Neighbor, Service, The Book of Mormon, and Having the Spirit. I was impressed by the music and preparation of the brothers and sisters. I took notes also. President Holland's talk impressed me as he bore testimony of the Book of Mormon. He quoted his great-grandfather George Q. Cannon who said, “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.” I also believe this is so.


President Bednar asked that we tell our family members that we love them and that we treat them with respect. I would like to tell my children that I love them. They are really important to me and I wish them the greatest happiness in life. I also love my husband who has been good to me. I respect and love my parents. My father and mother have done many good things for me throughout my life, which I appreciate.

No comments: